CMRC is seeking to recruit a competent, skilled, committed and self-motivated Occupational Therapist for CMRC Al-Ain.
Minimum Requirements to apply
• Bsc in Occupational Therapist
• Minimum 2 year-experience
• HAAD license or Eligible for HAAD licensing
• Female Only
Core Competencies and responsibilities
• Ensure that all therapists within the team use the analysis of the assessment and risks, to determine therapy aims and treatment goals, and then formulate intervention plans to reduce the impact of disability and promote independence, in collaboration with the client, careers, other team members and relevant agencies.
• Identify and select with the client/careers the most appropriate intervention, which balances the complexity of risk, safety, client/career choice, independence, areas of conflict, eligibility for service and cost effectiveness.
• Using advanced experience and knowledge assess the client’s needs for specific equipment and adaptations to allow them to improve or maintain their level of independence.
• Using highly advanced clinical reasoning and critical thinking to analyses the assessment made by others for equipment and adaptations. To act as an approved signatory on a one to one basis, and as Chair of the Equipment and Adaptation panel.
• To demonstrate highly specialized therapeutic moving and handling skills in the assessment and treatment of clients. To give highly specialist advice to staff, client, careers and family on the correct manual handling techniques, undertaking highly specialized manual handling risk assessments
• To establish a therapeutic relationship with the clients and their careers, to encourage participation in the therapeutic process. To managing barriers to communication (e.g. different
languages), through the use of advanced interpersonal skills (reasoning, negotiation, motivational tactics)
• To provide emotional support to the client and his/her careers/family in coming to terms with the impact of a new/ongoing diagnosis and how this disability impacts on their independence in daily activities and enable staff to develop these skills
• To priorities and manage the clinical and non-clinical responsibilities, of the post on a daily basis