CMRC is seeking to recruit competent, skilled, committed and self-motivated Critical Care Nurses for premises in Abu Dhabi & Al-Ain.
Minimum Requirements to apply:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- DOH licensed or passer or DHA/MOH licensed
- At least 2 years’ experience in acute-care hospitals, Rehab hospitals ( in the CCN ad)
Core Competencies and responsibilities:
- Assesses initially the Ventilator patient’s condition to determine care needs and identify a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness in order to identify the best and safest ventilator setup and preset the proper nursing action plan.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative long term nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Actively contributes to IDT Care Plan development: assessment, evaluation and re-development
- Review and updates as needed the comprehensive assessment, clinical notes, Physician Summaries, Plan of Care and communicates patient status changes and updates to the primary physician regularly.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical nursing skills required to provide Critical Care Nursing for Ventilator dependent patients.
- Demonstrates nursing competency related to Ventilator management and appropriate trouble shooting techniques.
- Communicates with the duty physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Actively participates in daily clinical rounds and IDT discussions.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Follows all International Patient Safety goals including the medication rights to reduce the potential for medication errors.
- Monitors the patient’s progress toward goals; collaborates with the multi – disciplinary team to promote patient safety and evaluates against the Plan of Care.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and clinical nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides clinical oversight and supervision of Health Care Assistants.
- Provides skilled care and education to the patient and family as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and transition planning and collaborates with the IDT to develop early strategies to overcome barriers.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize workload independently
- Work with members of the multi-disciplinary team, to ensure optimal outcomes for the patient.
- Demonstrates the ability to be Adheres to dress code; appearance is professional, neat and clean.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times; reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time and acts professionally when representing CMRC.
- Is responsible to maintain up to date clinical knowledge and self-directed ongoing education.
- Complies with all organizational policies.
Salary and benefits will be as per CMRC salary structure. Interested applicants may apply with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Category: Critical Care Nurse
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi Al-Ain