Dr. Osama Kotb is the Lead Physician for Al Ain and a Critical Care Medicine Specialist at Cambridge Medical and Rehabilitation Center. He has an experience of over 18 years in the field of critical care.
He has previously worked in various hospitals in KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, and UAE. Prior to joining CMRC, he was working in the Critical Care Unit Department in Sheikh Khalifa Medical City.
Dr. Osama holds a Ph.D. Doctorate degree in critical care on ‘the evaluation of recombinant activated protein C therapy on the outcome of patients with severe sepsis and septic shock and also a Master’s Degree in critical care medicine.
He is experienced in the following:
– Evaluate, diagnose, treat and provide consultation to adolescent, child & infant patients with common and complex illness, diseases and functional disorders of circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, metabolic, musculoskeletal, hematopoietic, gastroenteric and genitourinary systems.
– Assess, stabilize and determine the disposition of patients with emergent conditions consistent with medical staff policy regarding emergency and consultative call services
– Monitoring and assessment of metabolism and nutrition
– Electrocardiography interpretation
– Ventilator management including experience with various modes and continuous positive airway pressure therapies (BiPAP and CPAP)
– Management of thrombolytic therapy
He is from Egypt and is fluent in Arabic, English, and French.